Sunday, June 22, 2014

MARBLE-OUS Mini Challenge and Artist Spotlight with
Brenda Burfeind


Hi, I am so glad you stopped in to check out the Artist Spotlight and Mini Challenge here at Anything But a Card Challenges and maybe learn a little bit more about me.

I'm Brenda and I blog over at Creativity is a State of Mind. People often ask me how or why I came up with that name and I'll tell you a little bit about it. 


I've been creating since I was a very young girl living in Germany. My mom, grandma and aunt all sewed, quilted and cooked very well. Growing up with them, I was supposed to do those things also. Nope I rebelled... I couldn't get a seam to run straight. I would hide in the garden on Wednesday evening when the quilting ladies would arrive because I did not want to listen to their endless chatter about nothing. And seriously, when it came to cooking I could burn water. I am not exaggerating one bit. To this day I hate to be in the kitchen, unless it's for a crafting thing (hehehe).


Instead I found beads...I loved making jewelry. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets. I even bought a beading loom with money I made from selling some of my jewelry at my grandpa's store and created the most beautiful pieces. I loved counting out the beads and making the most extravagant designs. From there I went on to lots of different crafts. Seriously, I've probably tried a little bit of EVERYTHING. I usually use my family as my guinea pigs, using them for input or inspiration. My mind runs in a lot of different ways and some ideas are WOW, while others are OK. There are certain things I think are FABULOUS while my family thinks it's just plain WEIRD. Thus I decided that Creativity is a State of Mind. Not everyone will like EVERYTHING I create, but it's all about how you perceive those ideas. 

  

Which brings me to my mini challenge today. I hope you all will like the idea and sure would love to see some of your creations. As you get to know me better you will find out right quickly that I love to experiment. I will TRY anything with failure at times but even with failure you can come up with some extraordinary things. 


My best friend's daughter showed me this awesome idea about marbling your fingernails. You can find the instructions HERE on YouTube. They turned out so awesome I wondered if I could take that one step further and marble my resin pieces. These are some bracelets I made using my Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin. You can go check out my blog any time to see how I use these Amazing products to create some fabulous pieces. You can also check out the Amazing Mold Putty blog to see all the designers over there.




Now I challenge you to try some marbling!

You can marble paper with instructions HERE on YouTube. Do what I did and use fingernail polish to marble something... or do some research on your own and show me a new idea.

Thanks for coming by today and I cannot wait to see what you all can come up with and remember, Creativity is a State of Mind!

Until next time, have a great day and happy crafting. ~ Brenda

** A NOTE: This challenge has been extended
to July 5th to give more time
to play along with this Marbel-ous Challenge**

5 comments:

  1. Brenda it's wonderful to read all about you, but even more fabulous that we've met in person and that we will be friends for a long time to come. I am always in awe of your creations which completely show your love for creating and sharing whats in your artists' eye.

    I have to give a shout out to drop by the Amazing Mold Putty blog tomorrow {Monday, June 23} to see another fabulous creation of Brenda's... a total MUST SEE! http://www.amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Susan. I love creating and sharing.
      I'm also very excited about tomorrow's post! It's easy to create when you have amazing products to work with.

      Delete
  2. These pieces look amazing, Brenda... and I loved your "About Yourself" and your mini-challenge. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Di, I hope it inspires many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spotlight, Brenda! Your marbling looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete